Mr. Sandercock concentrates on maritime, commercial and appellate litigation. He is a proctor member of the Maritime Law Association and was formerly employed as a Marine Insurance Underwriter.
- Meade v. Rock-McGraw, Inc., 307 A.D.2d 156 (1st Dept. 2003)(denying partial summary judgment on liability under Labor Law § 240(1) to worker injured while using A-frame ladder in closed position)
- Pavlou v. City of New York, 21 A.D.3d 74 (1st Dept 2005)(rev'g order granting new trial after jurors expressed remorse that verdict had unexpectedly deprived plaintiffs of substantial recovery), aff'd , 8 NY3d 961 (2007)
- Fuchs & Bergh, Inc. v. Lance Enterprises, Inc., 48 A.D.3d 626 (2d Dept. 2008)(granting new trial on damages resulting from fuel oil spill).
Williams v. New York City Hous. Auth., 56 A.D.3d 361 (1st Dept. 2008)(no duty to prevent criminal assault with firearm in outdoor common area of housing development)
- Lee v. Astoria Generating Co., 13 N.Y.3d 382 (2009)(LHWCA, 33 U.S.C. s. 905(b), expressly preempts Labor Law §§ 240 and 241 in suit arising out of workplace injury on floating power station)
- Isaac v. 151 Macombs, LLC, 84 A.D.3d 457 (1st Dept. 2011)(dismissing trip-and-fall complaint due to alleged elevator misleveling)
- Stolowski v. 234 E. 178th Street, LLC, 89 A.D.3d 549 (1st Dept. 2011)(collateral source payments deemed "material and necessary" to defense)
- Quinones v. Federated Dep't Stores, Inc., 92 A.D.3d 931 (2d Dept. 2012)(end user not liable for defectively manufactured chair)
- Boyd v. New York City Hous. Auth., 105 A.D.3d 542 (1st Dept. 2013)(swinging gate incorporated in iron fence was readily apparent and not inherently dangerous)
- "When Should the Federal Maritime Law Preempt New York's Labor Law?", 3 Benedict's Mar. Bull. 276 (Third Quarter 2005)
- Proving a Negative - How does a defendant establish its lack of constructive notice? NYSBA Trial Lawyers Section Digest, Fall 2015, No. 67.
- Premises Liability: The "Open and Obvious/Not Inherently Dangerous" Doctrine, NYSBA Trial Lawyers Section Digest, Winter 2013, No. 62.
Maritime Law Association of the United States
Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- 1979 J.D. New York University School of Law
- 1976 B.A. Haverford College