Jonathan Glasser is Of Counsel in the firm's insurance services and insurance coverage litigation practice.
Jonathan provides legal services to major commercial general liability carriers nationally. He represents currently, and has represented, major and mid-sized commercial general liability carriers in numerous insurance disputes and coverage actions, litigating on behalf of, and providing advisory opinions to, those carriers in connection with complex risks and disputes in various courts. He has extensive experience representing carriers in matters involving commercial general liability risks, including prosecuting and defending declaratory judgment actions at the trial and appellate level. Jonathan also has experience litigating ERISA employee benefits disputes, and life insurance claims.
Jonathan specializes in and aggressively employs alternative dispute resolution methods, including mediation to successfully resolve complex insurance matters. A graduate of Brooklyn Law School, he was an editor of the Brooklyn Law Review and wrote "Note: The Government Contract Defense: Is Sovereign Immunity a Necessary Prerequisite?" 52 Brooklyn L. Rev. 495
- Nova Casualty Co. v. Interstate Indemnity Co. and New Hampshire Ins. Co., 2014 WL 715512 (NY Sup. Ct., Kings County, Feb. 21, 2014)(for New Hampshire)
- Jacobs v. United States, 794 F. Supp. 509 (S.D.N.Y.)
- N. Atl. Life Ins. Co. of Am. v. Katz, 163 A.D.2d 283, 557 N.Y.S.2d 150 (2d Dep't)
- Zurich American Ins. Co. v. Ace American Ins. Co., 2021 WL 1624470 (NY County Sup. Ct. April 21, 2021)
- Blanche Pope v. Utica National Assur. Co. et al., Index No. 612011/2019 (Suffolk County Sup. Ct. May 21, 2020)
- Tricon Construction, LLC and Grange Mutual Cas. Co. v. Main Street America Assur. et al., 2018 WL 3536600, 2018 N.Y. Slip Op. 31721 (NY County Sup. Ct. July 23, 2018)
- The Roman Catholic Church of St. Catherine of Sienna v. Utica National Assur. Co. et al., Index No. 60692/2014 (Nassau County Sup. Ct. Dec. 21, 2016)
- Endurance Amer. Specialty vs. Geiger Construction Co., Inc., 156236/14 (NY County Sup. Ct. Nov. 19, 2015)
- Aspen Ins. UK Limited v. Long Island Concrete, Inc., Index No. 0015456/2013 (Queens County Sup. Ct., Oct. 30, 2015)
ABA (American Bar Association)
CLM (Claims and Litigation Management Alliance)
- 1986 J.D. Brooklyn Law School
- 1979 B.A. Brandeis University