Dear Valued Clients and Friends,
In light of the Executive Orders issued on March 20,2020 by Governor Cuomo (NY) and on March 21,2020 by Governor Murphy (NJ) we at Lester Schwab Katz & Dwyer LLP want to assure you that we are working remotely and will remain fully operational throughout the duration of this public health crisis. Until further notice, the most effective methods of communicating with us are email or phone, not the US mail. In the event that you need wire instructions or have accounting questions, please contact David Glicksman by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our hope is that this crisis will not be long. Regardless of its duration, however, we will continue to provide our clients with uninterrupted service. Your support, friendship and trust are so important to us as we get through this trying time together. We wish you all good health for you and your families.
Lester Schwab Katz & Dwyer LLP
As a Senior Partner based in the firm's New York City office, Paul L. Kassirer leads a Practice Group that concentrates on complex, high-exposures cases for primary and excess liability insurers as well as self-insured clients in both state and federal courts throughout the United States. Paul has over 35 years of experience as lead trial counsel in N.Y Labor Law and construction related litigation, product liability litigation (e.g. food-borne illness, flammable fabrics, electrical components, heavy construction equipment, cranes, motor vehicles, and industrial machinery), Class Actions, Environmental and Toxic torts, Property Loss and General Liability litigation. In addition, a significant portion of his practice involves monitoring excess exposure cases for excess/umbrella insurers.
Mr. Kassirer represents, on a personal basis, public figures in the entertainment industry.
Mr. Kassirer has been involved in some of the nation's most highly publicized litigation including, "The Strand" New York City hi-rise fire, "The Station" Rhode Island nightclub fire, the "Wendy's Massacre" firearms litigation, the nationwide "Spinach" E. coli O157:H7 outbreak, the "Taco Bell" multi-State E. coli O157:H7 outbreak, the United Food Group E.coli O157:H7 multi-state outbreak associated with ground beef, and the "Chi Chi's" Hepatitis-A multi-state outbreak.
Mr. Kassirer is rated "AV Preeminent" by Martindale-Hubbell and has been selected for inclusion in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 New York Super Lawyers.
- "Defending Food-Borne Illness Litigation" - at the China International Food Safety and Quality Conference and Expo, the International Association for Food Protection, the Grocery Manufacturers Association, the American Insurance Institute, the American Conference Institute, the 4th Annual Canadian Food Safety Management Conference and Fireman's Fund Insurance Co.
- "Frye and Daubert Admissibility Standards in New York"
- "Attacking Economic Damages in the Construction Industry"
- "Defending Construction Accidents under the New York Labor Law"
- Annual lecturer on "Trial Preparation" NY County Lawyers Assn. CLE
- "Defending Damages" NY County Lawyers Assn.
- "Defending Traumatic Brain Injury Cases"
- "Proper Monitoring of Excess Files"
- "Defense of Elevator Related Accident Cases"
United States Supreme Court
United States Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
United States District Court - Southern, Eastern, Western and Northern Districts of New York
United States District Court - Connecticut
Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
Association of the Bar of the City of New York
New York County Lawyer's Association
New York State Bar Association - Tort Law section
Trial Lawyer's Association
Defense Research Institute
Defense Association of New York
Grocery Manufacturers Association
International Association for Food Protection
- 1978 New York University School Of Law: Trial Advocacy Program
- 1976 J.D. Brooklyn Law School
- 1973 B.A. George Washington University