Mr. Portuguese is the Firm's senior lawyer involved in our insurance services and insurance coverage litigation practice. Mr. Portuguese has been selected for inclusion by the Super Lawyers publication for the years 2009 through 2020 as "Top Rated Insurance Coverage Attorney in New York, NY". Mr. Portuguese handles all forms of litigation in this area, including matters concerning general liability, excess, environmental, auto, directors & officers, professional liability, property, healthcare, media, products liability, environmental and employment practices. Additionally, Mr. Portuguese has extensive litigation experience including representation of clients in more than 200 appeals nationwide.
- "Federal Pre-emption of Pesticide Labeling Claims"
- "Employment Practices & Liability Insurance"
- "Professional Liability Insurance Coverage"
- "Defending Bad Faith Claims - The Insurer's Perspective"
- "Insurance Coverage for Construction Accidents"
- "Procedural Aspects of Insurance Coverage Litigation"
- "Excess and Surplus Lines Insurance"
- "Insurable Interests - Property Insurance"
- "Basic Tort and Insurance Law Practice"
- "Records and Document Management for Insurers"
- "Personal Lines of Insurance"
- "Jurisdiction, Venue and State Filing Issues"
- "Legal Commentary on Appellate Practice - CPLR Articles 56 & 57 - Consolidated Law Service"
Supreme Court of the United States
Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, Western and Northern Districts of New York.
American Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
1980 J.D. Albany Law School
- 1978 B.S. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Summa Cum Laude (6-year combined Management/Law Program)