Dear Valued Clients and Friends,
In light of the Executive Orders issued on March 20,2020 by Governor Cuomo (NY) and on March 21,2020 by Governor Murphy (NJ) we at Lester Schwab Katz & Dwyer LLP want to assure you that we are working remotely and will remain fully operational throughout the duration of this public health crisis. Until further notice, the most effective methods of communicating with us are email or phone, not the US mail. In the event that you need wire instructions or have accounting questions, please contact David Glicksman by email at email@example.com. Our hope is that this crisis will not be long. Regardless of its duration, however, we will continue to provide our clients with uninterrupted service. Your support, friendship and trust are so important to us as we get through this trying time together. We wish you all good health for you and your families.
Lester Schwab Katz & Dwyer LLP
RICHARD GRANOFSKY is a veteran trial lawyer who regularly handles professional liability, labor and employment, municipal liability, personal injury, insurance coverage, and business litigation. Richard heads the firm's Professional Liability Practice Group and the Labor & Employment Practice Group. He is currently the Chair of the Professional Liability Practice Group of ALFA International, an association of 145 law firms worldwide.
Richard regularly handles the defense of lawyers, accountants, directors and officers, insurance agents and brokers, real estate brokers, managers and title agents, elevator inspectors, and miscellaneous professional liability claims. His defense of professionals has included cases arising from complex securities class action litigation, RICO, the FDPCA, commercial litigation and transactional disputes. He frequently defends practitioners sued for their handling of negligence, real estate, matrimonial, and business matters.
Richard specializes in the representation of employers in employment practice liability lawsuits in federal and state court, and administrative proceedings before the EEOC, the New York State Division of Human Rights, the New York City Commission on Human Rights, and the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights.
He regularly defends and tries personal injury cases in New York and New Jersey. Richard has substantial experience in insurance coverage matters, business litigation, claims for intentional interference with contract, class actions and Civil Rights claims.
Richard has published several articles on professional liability and employment issues, and edited an ABA newsletter on professional liability. He has spoken on ethics at PLUS and ALFA, and lectured on trial practice at the New York State Bar Association.
- The Assertion of Attorney-Client Privilege by Counsel in Legal Malpractice Cases: Policy, Privilege, and the Search for Truth in Cases Involving Implied Waivers, ABA Tort & Insurance Law Journal, Volume 45, issue 3 (2010)
- New York State Bar Association, May 2002, Trial Practice and Techniques
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society, April 2002, Recent Trends in Legal Malpractice Law
- "After Acquired Evidence In Employment Discrimination Cases", For The Defense, March, 1994
- "Insurance Coverage for Civil RICO Claims Against Professionals: The Impact of Recent Trends & Developments", 28 Tort & Ins. L.J. 504 (1993)
- "Early Dismissal of Securities Fraud Claims Against Attorneys: A Guide for Counsel and Insurers", FICC Journal, Winter, 1992, vol. 42, No. 2
- "The Implications of Lampf for RICO Litigation", RICO Law Reporter, March, 1992, Vol. 15, No. 3
ALFA (Chair, Professional Liability Practice Group)
American Bar Association (Committee on Professional Liability; Editor-in-Chief, Professional Liability Update)
Professional Liability Underwriting Society
American Law Firm Association (Committee on Labor & Employment Law)
- 1978 J.D. Boston University School of Law
- 1975 B.A. Columbia University